The BGSU Japanese Club 8th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival


IT'S TIME!!

So this morning I received the e-mail invitation from my old College (Bowling Green State University) for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival (Ohanami)

This has always been a favorite event for me during my college years, and each there is such a great turnout. Bowling Green State University was given a few Cherry Blossom Trees as a gift years ago and each year they bloom and give the campus a really nice color. Our college's Japanese club Hosts the event each year which includes GREAT food, a variety of games, origami lessons, taiko drum performance,singing of tha Sakura song, and even kareoke!!

I am going to try and go to the event this year. Last year I took part by wearing my Yukata I bought while in Japan and helping out with some of the games for the kids. I was in charge of the Yoyo game. Here are some pictures of Last years Ohanami





































0 comments:

Post a Comment