Are you watching/reading Pandora Hearts (パンドラハーツ )?


I started a search for Spring anime to watch and found a page with a really nice list (with various pictures) of all the anime in the spring lineup. One that caught my attention right away was an anime called Pandora Hearts (パンドラハーツ ?) I quickly looked for episodes online and found out that so far 7 episodes have been aired. I watched all 7 right away and was hooked by the plot and mystery surrounding main characters Oz Bezarius and his Chain Alice

Pandora Hearts (パンドラハーツ) is originally a manga created by Jun Mochizuki, and published by Square Enix in June 2006. I had no clue it had been out that long. When I looked it up I found that there are already eight volumes currently released in Japan.














Plot
Oz Bezarius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. The mystery there begins as Oz unravels the mystery behind Alice, the Abyss and the strange organization known as Pandora. The series features heavy references to Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" and can be considered both fantasy and mystery.

I was drawn to it first because of the animation, there is something that reminded me of another anime I finished a few months ago called Vampire Knight (which is also a good anime for those into vampires and mystery)

Here is the start of episode 1 Please watch and enjoy





I've watched all the eps so far and wanted more so now I am reading the manga. Thank goodness for a Book Off being in NYC I was able to find copies of it there in Japanese which will help me with my Japanese study! Hope you all enjoy this yourself!

ALSO.... If you would like to read the manga online you can here~~>mangafox.com (THIS IS A SCANLATION AS THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH VERSION IS NOT OUT AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHEN IT WILL BE OR IF THERE WILL BE ONE)

0 comments:

Post a Comment