メロンパン , love at first bite!



I've been quite busy so I haven't been able to post the things I've wanted ^^; Anyway this is just something short but I JUST had to write about it.

I was making lunch for my 3 year old nephew and he asked me for bread. I don't know but him asking me reminded me of the first time I had メロンパン (melonpan) when I was in Japan. I was in love at first bite. I've never had it in the states (Not sure if they even sell it anywhere in Ohio.. maybe NYC? ) My friend took be to this bakery in Nagoya and introduced me to Japanese baked good (which I still crave to this day)

The thing about Japan is that they just don't do things like anyone else. Here in the States bread is simply bread, most of it is frozen and shipped to bakeries so they can heat it up, or simply made at a factory but it's still just bread.



Bread in Japan is a little different. Sometimes they fill their bread with pudding for example, or this weird, unidentifiable cream stuff, or will cover it in chocolate or some other such thing. Of course, they still have the regular kind. There's a cute little show for children, Anpanman, which is about a bunch of superheroes with different bread for their heads. Anpanman, the main character, saves people and if anyone's starving he tells them to take a bite out of his face. Thankfully his head is replaceable, or they wouldn't have had much of a story.


パン Pan, in Japanese, means bread.Thus, melonpan is "melon bread" メロンパン
I'm currently going to be looking for a good recipe and try making my own since they can't be found here T_T I've really been wanting some for such a long time. I can't wait until I go back to Japan..

Have any of you ever had it before or have made your own?

0 comments:

Post a Comment